This Tuscan White Lasagna recipe has just been tweaked after 2 separate dinners with "foodies" friends this week to achieve a lasagna very close to what we remember from Italy! .
Tuscan White Lasagna with Artichoke & Sausage
Yield – Serves 6
Active Time – 45 Minutes; Total Time – 1.5 Hours
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9×13″ baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Soak dry lasagna noodles in hot water + 1 tbs olive oil before layering filling for lasagna.
3. Crumble sausage in non-stick sauté pan and cook until browned (5-6 mins). Add minced garlic to pan and sauté for 2-3 mins being careful to not burn garlic. Add Sage and Oregano. Set aside to cool.
4. Open can (jars) of artichoke hearts and drain liquid. Separate artichoke hearts into flat spreadable pieces.
5. Béchamel - Melt butter in a 2 qt pan over medium heat until just melted. Whisk in the flour and cook, stirring occasionally for 2 minutes. Whisk in heated milk, salt, and nutmeg then add cold milk. Increase heat to medium high and bring to a boil. Add 1 cup Piave (Parmesan) cheese and stir until melted. Remove from heat and cool.
6. Spread 1 cup béchamel sauce and 1/3 of sausage in the bottom of prepared dish. Top with noodles.
7. On top of noodles, add 1/2 artichoke hearts and 1/3 cooled sausage for this layer. Then add 1/2 cups each of Piave and mozzarella cheese. Finally, spread 1 cup of béchamel sauce over layered items.
8. Repeat step above again by adding another layer of noodles, top with 1/3 sausage and 1/2 cups each of Piave and mozzarella cheese, final 1/2 artichoke hearts. Spread 1 cup Béchamel sauce over layer.
9. Finally, add another noodle layer, topped with remaining sauce, Piave and mozzarella cheese.
10. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375 degrees F for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 10-15 more minutes at 400 degrees F until browned and bubbly. Let lasagna stand for 5-10 minutes before cutting.
Layers = BSN/SACCBN/SACCBN/BCC
www.GoodEatonGourmet.com 11/17/2016 10:16 PM