TUSCAN WHITE LASAGNA w/ ARTICHOKE & SAUSAGE
Yield – Serves 6
Active Time – 45 Minutes; Total Time – 1.5 Hours
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9×13″ baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Soak dry lasagna noodles in hot water + 1 tbs olive oil before layering filling for lasagna.
3. Crumble sausage in non-stick sauté pan and cook until browned (5-6 mins). Add minced garlic to pan and sauté for 2-3 mins being careful to not burn garlic. Set aside to cool.
4. Open can (jars) of artichoke hearts and drain liquid. Separate artichoke hearts into flat spreadable pieces.
5. Béchamel - Melt butter in a 2 qt pan over medium heat until just melted. Whisk in the flour and cook, stirring occasionally for 2 minutes. Whisk in heated milk, salt, and nutmeg. Increase heat to medium high and bring to a boil. Add 1 cup Piave (Parmesan) cheese and stir until melted. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
6. Spread 1 cup béchamel sauce and 1/3 sausage in the bottom of prepared dish. Top with noodles.
7. On top of noodles, add 1/2 artichoke hearts and 1/2 cooled sausage for this layer. Then add 1/2 cups each of Piave and mozzarella cheese. Finally, spread 1 cup of béchamel sauce over layered items.
8. Repeat step above again by adding another layer of noodles, top with 1/3 sausage and 1/2 cups each of Piave and mozzarella cheese, final 1/2 artichoke hearts. Spread 1 cup béchamel sauce over layer.
9. Finally, add another noodle layer, topped with remaining sauce, Piave and mozzarella cheese.
10. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375 degrees F for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 10-15 more minutes at 400 degrees F until browned and bubbly. Let lasagna stand for 5-10 minutes before cutting.
Layers = BSN/SACCBN/SACCBN/BCC